Get Involved with NCT
There are many ways to get involved with NCT. The listings below will direct you to getting involved through volunteering, ushering, auditions, the Dragonkeeper program, and interning.
Current job postings (when available) will also be listed below.
Volunteer at NCT
In order to serve 80,000 kids, teachers, and families each year, we need you! There are many ways to volunteer with Nashville Children's Theatre including:
- Usher at a performance.
- Help answer phones during the work day.
- Serve on a special event committee. These committees include Education Ambassadors, Marketing Advisory, Fundraising, and more.
- and many more...
Sign up here and we'll connect you to a volunteer experience with the theatre.
Internships at NCT
Nashville Children's Theatre seeks dedicated college students to serve as interns for our summer camps. We will begin accepting applications for Summer 2017 in January. NCT provides volunteer/unpaid intern opportunities for the benefit of participants to provide high-level training and work experience in specialized areas of theatre for and with youth. Available internships include:
- Summer Camp Internships, working directly with NCT’s students in partnership with our roster of professional teaching artists
- Technical Theatre Internships, working in NCT’s scene shop and supporting other areas of theatre production
- Stage Management Internships, providing SM and ASM opportunities connected to our musical productions cast with Middle and High School students
- Costuming Internships, providing experience in our professional costume shop
- Media & Communications Internships, working directly with the blog communications related to our high-energy summer camp programs as well as other marketing initiatives.
Click here for more information on how to apply.
The Dragonkeeper Program at NCT
The Dragonkeeper program is a student training program for high school and college students ages 16 and up that gives participants (Dragonkeepers) the opportunity to experience the different aspects of daily operations in a professional theatre company for young audiences. The program offers Dragonkeepers a variety of workshops and training opportunities to learn about aspects of the theatre's administrative, artistic and educational components. As a part of the Dragonkeeper program, participants are also eligible to work in a paid capacity as an usher for weekend performances. Click here for more information.
NCT is not currently accepting applications for the Dragonkeeper Program. Check back in July for information on how to join our 2017-18 Season!
Season Auditions at NCT
2017-18 Season Auditions will be April 25 - 27. For an appointment, email NCT's Company Stage Manager Dan Brewer starting at 9 am CDT on Tuesday, April 11. Requests received earlier than this will not be processed. In your email, indicate any conflicts you have for that day (e.g. "I can't audition before 3 pm" or "I need to be done before 6 pm" etc.) Mr. Brewer will send you a confirmation email with your audition time. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your reserved time.
Preparation: Prepare two contrasting monologues together totaling no more than three (3) minutes. To be considered for any musicals, prepare 16 bars of a show tune with sheet music in the desired key and include the 16 bars within your three minute audition time. Please bring a current head shot and resume.
Job Opportunities at NCT
We do not have any job openings at this time.