How can I buy tickets?
- Tickets may be purchased by phone at 615-252-4675 during our Box Office hours of 8:30am - 4pm Tuesday - Friday, or through NCT’s online Box Office 24 hours a day. Memberships are currently on sale.
- To attend a weekday school performance, call Catherine Birdsong at 615-252-4662 to make reservations. School groups can RSVP here.
What are the Box office hours?
- 8:30am through 4pm, Tuesday - Friday and one hour before evening or weekend show times. From September - May, the box office is also open on Saturdays from 10am - 2pm
What are 2015-16 ticket prices and do you have discounts?
- Youth ticket (age 2-17): $15
- Adult ticket (age 18 and up): $20
- Military, Educator, or Senior (age 65 and up): $17
- College student (with valid ID): $15
- Group Ticket (for 10 or more, regardless of age): $15
- Season Member (adults or youth): $15
How do I know what shows are age-appropriate for my child?
- In the 2015-16 season, Charlotte's Web, Cinderella, and A Year with Frog & Toad are geared to all ages. Einstein is a Dummy and Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott are designed to be engaging for upper elementary ages and older. The Emerging Artist Production of Legally Blonde is geared to teenage and older.
- In the 2016-17 season, Junie B. Jones Is Not A Crook, Cinderella, Treasure Island, and Goodnight Moon are geared to all ages. Afflicted: Daughters of Salem and And In This Corner: Cassius Clay are designed to be engaging for upper elementary ages and older. The Emerging Artist Production of Kiss Me Kate is geared to teenage and older.
- We have found that it is a very individual choice for parents on what is right for their children, and we are happy to talk to you about your specific questions. Contact Alicia Fuss or Megan Bleil by calling 615-254-9103 during business hours.
- For school field trips, NCT provides curricular tie-ins for the grades best targeted by the show.
Do I need to pay for my infant?
- Children under age 2 do not require a ticket, but must sit in a grown-up’s lap.
- If you plan to bring children under the age of 4 to a performance, please consider purchasing tickets closer to the back of the auditorium and near an aisle. This will make it easier for you and your child to move to the comfort room or lobby if your child grows restless during the production. It will also ensure that you, your child, and those around you are able to enjoy the experience of the performance.
How do I redeem a coupon/voucher?
- For most coupons, you can call the Box Office at 615-252-4675 to redeem your ticket. You will be required to submit the coupon/voucher at the Will Call window when you pick up your tickets.
Can I exchange tickets and how?
- By calling our Box Office, tickets can be exchanged for the same title.
- Season Members can exchange at no fee. Non-members may exchange for a $5 fee.
- All ticket exchanges are subject to availability at the time of exchange.
- We require that you call at least 24 hours before the date printed on the tickets you are exchanging. Once the date on your tickets has passed, the tickets are invalid and cannot be exchanged.
- If you are exchanging your tickets for a date earlier than on your ticket, simply contact the box office before the day you wish to attend.
What happens if I am late for a performance?
- We know sometimes lateness is unavoidable. We’ll do our best to seat you regardless of how late you are, however, please know that this can be distracting to the actors and other patrons. In order to minimize distraction, we can’t guarantee that we will be able to seat latecomers in their reserved seat, but we will seat you in the best available seats at an appropriate moment in the performance.
What happens when I miss a performance?
- Tickets for missed performances are not exchangeable or refundable.
Can I get a refund for unused tickets?
- Tickets are non-refundable, but feel free to turn them in to the box office before the performance. If we can resell your unused tickets, the value can be considered a charitable gift to NCT, tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
How far in advance should I order my tickets?
- We highly suggest ordering tickets in advance, so you will not be surprised by a sold out show. The earlier you order your tickets, the better selection of seats you will have.
Can I get a block of tickets for my group?
- Yes, for group sales of 10 or more, please call Catherine Birdsong at 615-252-4662.
Who do I call if I have other Ticketing questions?
- Our Box Office can be reached at 615-252-4675
How do I register my child for camps?
- Registration can be done online through NCT’s website. Paper registrations may be mailed to the theatre or may be presented in person during office hours. NCT’s Education Department does not accept registrations by fax or phone.
- If you have questions about drama class or camp registration, contact Megan Bleil at 615-252-4670.
Does my child need to have prior drama experience?
- No. NCT camps and classes are a great fit for children with and without prior experience. Certain classes and camps have prerequisites, but there is an entry point for all ages.
How do I cancel my child’s registration?
- Contact Megan Bleil at 615-252-4670 for cancellations. NCT will issue a refund for cancellations made at least two weeks before the first day of camp, less a $50 fee.
How big are the classes/camps?
- Class size ranges from 12-16 students. Classes and camps for Pre-K children have 5-10 students.
Is there a payment plan or scholarship opportunity?
Is there a performance at the end of the camp session?
- While our camps and classes emphasize the process of theatre over the product, the last day features an informal sharing of student work for family and friends to attend (with the exception of the very youngest classes). These sharings are free to attend.
Who do I call if I have other Classes/Camps questions?
- For more information, contact Megan at 615-252-4670.
- or Alicia (Director of Education) at 615-252-4671.
Other Questions You May Have
Are there places to eat nearby?
- Crema Coffee: 15 Hermitage Ave
- Pinewood Social: 33 Peabody St.
- Fiesta Mexicana: 416 Fourth Ave South
- Hermitage Café: 71 Hermitage Ave
- Sole Mio: 311 Third Ave South
- And a bunch of places on Broadway, which is 7 blocks from NCT
Where is NCT located?
- Our address is 25 Middleton St. between Hermitage Ave and Second Ave S. We are on the Richard Fulton campus, directly behind the Old Howard School Building.
How large is NCT’s theatre’s capacity?
- NCT’s Hill Theatre seats 540.
Why is it called the Hill Theatre?
- Thanks to the generous support and lifetime of dedication from George R. and Ann Stahlman Hill.
Is there an intermission?
- Some NCT performances have an intermission during public performances.
What should I do if my child is restless during a performance?
- While the content of many of our shows is appropriate for a broad age range, we know that many children under the age of four will become restless or talkative during an hour-long performance. If you plan to bring children under the age of 4 to attend a performance, please consider purchasing tickets closer to the back of the auditorium and near the aisle. This will make it easier for you and your child to move to the Comfort Room or lobby if your child grows restless during the production. It will also ensure that you, your child, and those around you are able to enjoy the experience of the performance.
Do you sell concessions?
- We sell simple snacks and beverages in our lobby before the show that you may bring into the theatre. These are also sold at intermission.
How long are the shows?
- Our shows run between 65 and 90 minutes.
How do I audition for NCT?
- NCT holds auditions for professional adult actors once a year, usually in April or May.
Where is parking?
- NCT has a free parking lot right next to our building. There is additional parking behind the theatre.
Does NCT host birthday parties?
Does NCT rent the facility?
- Due to NCT’s year round programming, we do not rent out our facility for performances, but space may be available for Corporate Meetings and parties. Contact Catherine Birdsong at 615-252-4662 for more information.
Does NCT make donations to silent auctions?
- NCT will consider all donation requests from local 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. Please fax or email a request letter on your organization's letterhead to Rona Carter's attention at 615-810-8534, or via email at email@example.com.
- Your letter must include: the date of your event, a contact person, an explanation of what or who the event benefits, an address to mail the certificate, and your organization's 501 (c)(3) determination letter.
- NCT receives a number of donation requests each day, and a reply may take a few weeks or more. Please submit your six months or more ahead of your event date in order to ensure we have time to process the request. Requests are honored in the order they are received.