NCT's Dragonkeeper Program
Dragonkeepers are vital to the success of NCT, the nation's oldest professional theatre for kids and families.
The Dragonkeeper program is a student training program that gives participants (Dragonkeepers) the opportunity to experience the different aspects of daily operations in a professional theatre company for young audiences. The program offers Dragonkeepers a variety of workshops and training opportunities to learn about aspects of the theatre's administrative, artistic and educational components. As a part of the Dragonkeeper program, participants are also eligible to work in a paid capacity as an usher for weekend performances.
- Are high school and college students ages 16 and up.
- Serve as ushers for NCT weekend performances.
- Attend all NCT production as part of the program.
- Work alongside our professional theatre staff.
- Participate in workshops prior to productions to learn about and discuss the show and themes with peers.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create pre-show audience engagement opportunities.
- Engage with audience members through pre-show discussion and activities.
- And more...
Dragonkeepers are expected to have the utmost courtesy and respect for our patrons and other members of the front of house team. They will show great initiative in tasks and enthusiasm for customer service. They will attend all production workshops and customer service training sessions.
2015-16 Dragonkeeper positions are currently filled. Check back during the summer for the 2016-17 Season application!